Just the same as people without Special Needs, people with special needs have the right to live a happy and fulfilled life and enjoy dignity and respect from others. They have their own likes and dislikes, their own preferences, hobbies, interests and circle of friends.
Diamond Care and Support facilitate and enable them to access these choices whilst maintaining existing friendships/relationships and developing new ones. We encourage people to experience new things and take up new opportunities that arise, whether that be social, educational, leisure or indeed employment.
Examples of support already being provided
- Customer supported in preparing her ‘hand-tying’ ceremony in church with reception afterwards and support in maintaining her relationship with her new ‘husband’.
- Customer now a member of a gym and boxing club and is currently in part-time employment.
- Customer being supported to Boyzone concert, Olly Murs concert, cinema, socialisation and special occasions.
- Customer being supported to weekly literacy and numeracy sessions at a local college.
- Sitting service provision whilst parents are at work.
This is not an exhaustive list but only a few examples of what Diamond Care and Support can provide.